I know, I know, when you hear chicken nuggets, you immediately think of fast food served under golden arches. Well, I'm here to tell you these aren't anything like those and once you prepare these tasty morsels, you will wonder where this recipe has been all of your life. I will even bet your discriminating kids or grandkids will even love these. Shhh...there's a secret surprise...these are baked, so no extra fat from deep frying so they will help you stick to that new year's resolution of losing a few pounds!
Whip up some Honey Mustard Dressing to use as dipping sauce, or use your favorite Ranch Dressing, Marinara or BBQ Sauce. They are quite delicious served simply without sauce where the flavor of the seasonings in the breading shines through.
Let's get cooking!
1 lb. fresh chicken strips
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken strips into two or three pieces, about 1 1/2 inches in size.
- In a plastic zip lock bag, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, thyme and basil. Mix it up well.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then into the bag of crumbs and shake to coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the well-coated chicken pieces in a single layer on a wire wrack over a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the tops with any remaining melted butter.
- Place in the preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the chicken pieces. Return them to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
That's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!