This recipe stirs up quickly with only five simple ingredients that I bet you have in your pantry right now. While they are baking your house smells delectable.
If you love pecan pie or know someone who does, give this recipe a try and wait for the compliments to come your way!
I've made these for my neighbor who came over unsolicited with his snow blower this winter to clear my driveway and have a batch in the oven right now to send to my brother for his birthday!
Pecan Pie Muffins
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup butter, softened
- Liberally coat mini-muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, flour and chopped pecans.
- In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter and eggs until smooth.
- Stir egg and butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C) for 20-24 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks when done.
Wait until the muffins are completely cool before trying to remove them from the muffin pan. Run a knife around the edges of the muffin pan to make removal easier. The muffins have a tendency to stick. That's okay though....the baker needs to sample them for recipe quality control!
Yield: 24 mini muffins.
|Warm from the Oven|