Chicken is so versatile, you can fix it so many different ways. I spotted this recipe not to long ago and decided to give it a try and it turned out very well. The tenders were just that, very tender and they had a nice crispy crust without the mess of frying.
I served it with home prepared honey-mustard dipping sauce, which was nothing more than some Miracle Whip with a little squirt of prepared yellow mustard and a drizzle of honey all mixed up together. It would also be great with some warm marinara sauce as well, you get to choose....or serve with both!
I served this with the Au Gratin Potatoes (also posted on the blog) and green beans.
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Canola or olive oil cooking spray
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup coarse dry Italian bread crumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound chicken tenders
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a large wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic powder and salt in a third shallow dish.
- Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip in egg and let any excess drip off.
- Roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on the prepared rack.
- Generously coat the top of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn each tender, and coat with cooking spray.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 10 additional minutes.
- Serve tenders with dipping sauce.