Thursday, December 17, 2020

BBQ Hot Dogs

This recipe is not exotic nor is it necessarily healthy, but for me it is comfort food.  It is one of those dishes that reminds me of home and family. 

This is easy to mix up and doesn't take a lot of unique ingredients.   I was salivating with anticipation when I made this.  I had been thinking about fixing this all day and couldn't wait to get my fork into it (okay, I didn't wait, I had to sample it while it was simmering).  These BBQ dogs make a quick supper to warm you up on a chilly evening.

I don't know where the recipe originated, it was something that we had at home when I was growing up.   Give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

We always had it with mashed potatoes and who am I to mess with tradition!  I will admit that I cheated and used the Bob Evans microwaveable mashed potatoes rather than making them the old fashioned way.




BBQ Hot Dogs

Ingredients:

1 package of hot dogs, your normal brand will do
1 medium onion, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
3/4 cup catsup
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons margarine
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
1 Tablespoon Worchestershire Sauce

Directions:

Slash hot dogs, but not all the way through.
Brown the hot dogs in a large skillet.  I typically add a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Simmer 15 minutes until everything is heated through.

Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.


....and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I’m cooking the cube steaks in my crockpot right now today I can’t wait to taste. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change the letters to white can’t read against the background

    ReplyDelete