Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lemony Gooey Butter Cake


Lemon.....ah, my favorite flavor.  I love anything lemon and I've read about gooey butter cakes and I don't recall if I've ever had one.

I got a new stove yesterday and I needed desperately to try the oven.  Well, okay, so maybe not desperately, but I did want to try it out.

I decided that a lusciously lemony gooey butter cake would be just the ticket.  I found this recipe of Paula Deen's and decided since she's know for good southern cooking and desserts laden with butter, it has to be good, right?  I can tell you from the sample that I tasted during the photo session that it is awesome!    Continue on for the recipe.







Lemony Gooey Butter Cake

Ingredients:

Cake:

1 (18 1/4 oz.) package yellow cake mix (I used the kind with pudding)
1 egg
1 stick of butter, melted

Filling:

1 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
2 large lemons, juice and zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick of butter, melted
1 16 oz. box of powdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg and melted butter and mix well with an electric mixer.
Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. 
Add the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and butter and beat together until well mixed.
Spread the mixture over the cake batter and bake until lightly browned on top and set but still jiggly, about 45 minutes.
Make sure to not over bake it because you want the center to be a little gooey.



...and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment