Thursday, December 25, 2014

Margie's Cheese Ball

This Christmas I am miles away from family and was invited to my sweetheart's family Christmas gathering.  I couldn't go empty handed, so I asked what I could bring, and a cheese ball was suggested.

I immediately knew which recipe I would use!  My mind immediately traveled back in time to the late 70's when I worked at Citizens Bank in Evansville.  I remembered those waistline expanding  Decembers when we had food from the beginning to the end of month!   So much great food that we had a sign up calendar to help spread out the feast and as you can imagine, there wasn't an empty day!

Margie was a very sweet lady, loved by all.  Her contribution each December was this fabulous cheese ball.   She has since passed away and in her memory, I am honored to share her cheese ball recipe with everyone to use in their holiday celebrations!  It's a little late for Christmas, but certainly something you could make for your New Year's parties!












Margie's Cheese Ball

Ingredients:


2  8 ounce packages cream cheese
1  8 1/2 ounce can of crushed pineapple, well drained
2  cups chopped pecans
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
2 Tbs. chopped onion
2 tsp. seasoned salt

Directions:


Bring the cream cheese to room temperature for easier mixing.
In a large bowl, combine the cheese and all ingredients, but only 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
Mix thoroughly.  You can use a heavy wooden spoon or get in there with some clean hands!


Once the mixture is thoroughly mixed, shape into a ball.


Place the remaining cup of chopped pecans on a dinner plate.  Roll and press the chopped pecans into the outside of the cheese ball.
Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with your favorite crackers.  I use Ritz and Club.



.......and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's  ~ Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment