This recipe is not mine. Rather, it is one that I found on Lee Drummond's website, known to the blogger world as The Pioneer Woman and decided to give it a try. A friend of mine shared this website with me last year. Thanks Andrea!
If you haven't seen the website, when you get a few minutes, relax and take a look. I think you'll enjoy it.
This recipe makes a lovely freezer jam with minimal ingredients and minimal trouble.
Strawberry-Rhubarb Freezer Jam
Yield: 6 pint jelly jars
8 cups chopped rhubarb
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cups + 4 teaspoons of Strawberry Jello (buy the large box - you'll have leftovers)
- Wash and chop rhubarb.
- Place the rhubarb in a large heavy pan and mix in the sugar.
- Let the rhubarb and sugar mixture sit for 2 hours to bring out the juices in the rhubarb.
- Turn the heat up under the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir and boil for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the mixture into pint sized jars. Wipe the lids and place on the ring.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place jars in the freezer.
Note: Use tempered glass jars so they can be placed in the freezer.
Be sure to put one jar in the fridge because you are going to want to sample this beautiful jam right away!
|Strawberry Rhubarb Freezer Jam|