Saturday, December 8, 2012

Body Cream

Nope, this isn't marshmallow frosting!  You don't want to eat this...it has an entirely different purpose.

I know this has typically been a food blog, however, this is a recipe that I really like and want to share with all of you.  I'm sure many of you can identify with having itchy "alligator shins" in the winter.  Yep, not at all pretty and smooth....and the itching!!!

In the past, I've purchased the primo body lotion for $$$ in effort to stop the itching and improve the dry condition of my skin.  Not any more!  This stuff does the trick!  So cut me some slack this week while I share a concoction that will make everyone of you have an itch free, scale free this winter and also keep a bit of your hard earned cash!

First you'll need to pick up the ingredients and storage containers at your local discount store that begins with a "W".  When you get home, take 10 minutes (at the most) to mix this up and you'll have a nice supply of body cream for much less than you normally pay and you can whip it up in minutes.

I bought the screw top plastic containers and this recipe will fill one of those to the brim along with the two empty vitamin E  cream jars nicely.

This makes a nice gift for friends and family.  I know someone who will find a container under their tree when Santa arrives!




Body Cream


Ingredients:


15 oz. bottle of baby lotion  (I prefer the Shea and cocoa butter)
8 oz. vitamin E cream
8 oz. petroleum jelly

Directions:


In a mixing bowl, empty the contents of all the containers.  Yes, the petroleum jelly will be messy, I find a table knife works well for getting out the contents.

Mix on high speed until all ingredients are thoroughly whipped together.  I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer outfitted with the whip attachment to make this.

Divide into the containers.  Any extra on the whip or spatula, slather it on yourself!  Go ahead, don't waste a bit!

Last but not least, be sure to wash the bowl, beaters or whip and any utensils in very hot soapy water to make sure you get every last drop of grease.  The dishwasher is your best bet!

Here's to a smoother you this winter season!

.... and that's

What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

1 comment: