Saturday, February 1, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
























Bacon...that's all I need to hear and I'm ready and salivating.
I probably consume more bacon that I should, but what can I say, I love the stuff and it is a staple in my low carb way of eating and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

This recipe was inspired from a picture I saw on Pinterest.  I was looking for something different to jazz up a normal boring chicken breast, and remembered the picture I saw and that was all the inspiration I needed.

The chicken was so juicy and moist, and reheated well in the microwave.  When I took my leftovers to lunch, folks in the lunch room were totally envious!

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast


Ingredients:


2 chicken breasts
2 slices pepper jack cheese
2 slices Virginia Baked Ham
8 slices of bacon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Instructions:


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with foil.

Create 4 slits in each chicken breast by diagonally slice the chicken breasts, being careful to not cut them all the way through.


Quarter each slice of cheese and stuff into each of the four slits.
Do the same with the ham slices.  It doesn't have to be pretty, you'll be wrapping bacon around the entire thing, so don't worry.

Salt and pepper each breast.

Next carefully wrap the bacon around each chicken breast, making sure the cheese and ham stay in place, overlapping the bacon ends until you have swaddled the entire chicken breast in bacon.  Secure the top and the bottom pieces of the bacon with a toothpick to keep everything in place.


Add some additional pepper to top off the wrapped chicken if desired.

Place the chicken on the foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.  Flip the chicken breast and cook an additional 30 minutes or until the bacon that was on the underside turns crispy.
Add a salad or some nice green veggies as a side and dig in!




....and That's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment