Sunday, May 14, 2017

Low Carb Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


Ice Cream, we all love it.  We have our favorite flavors as well.  I was wanting some mint chip ice cream not long ago and while working on the recipe, I had, well, let's say an accident measuring out the mint extract and suffice it to say, my breath was minty fresh after eating a bowl.  No chance of throwing it out, nope, not when it was edible.

I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook regarding some commercially available low carb ice creams.  I've tried them and honestly, I like making my own.  Yes it takes more work, but not much and  I know exactly what is in it.

My second attempt of this ice cream was today.  This time, being careful with measurements!
I am happy with the results and excited to share it with you.

Also want to give a shout out to Carolyn at All Day I Dream About Food.  Her recipe here http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/08/low-carb-mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-cake.html was the base inspiration for this recipe.

The weather is heating up and I know you all are anxious for a cool and cream treat!






Low Carb Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Servings:  12

Ingredients:


2 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup erythritol (or Swerve)
4 large eggs
2 Tbs. vodka (optional, but it does help with prevent iciness)
2 Tbs. vegetable glycerin (optional, helps keep the ice cream scoopable)
3/4 tsp. mint extract
2 drops green food coloring
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1/4 tsp. liquid stevia extract
1 2.78 oz. (82 gram) Russell Stover Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Bar


Directions:


In a large bowl, put the eggs and erythritol and beat until thick and creamy.
I used my kitchen aid for this job, but I've also used a hand mixer, it just takes longer with the latter.
While the eggs and sugar are beating, measure out the cream and almond milk.
When the egg mixture is thick and yellow, add the cream and almond milk, vodka, vegetable glycerin, mint extract, food coloring, xanthan gum and liquid stevia.

Mix the ingredients for a few minutes to ensure they are well combined.
Pour the mixture into the canister of your ice cream maker.
While the ice cream is churning away, chop up the chocolate bar.



Then the ice cream is nearly frozen, add the chopped chocolate and continue to freeze until the consistency of soft serve,

Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer safe container.
I usually can't wait and have to have some right away!

....and That's What's Cooking At Cathy's ~ Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment