Sunday, January 14, 2024

Banana Bread Cupcakes

Today I decided to use the lone banana laying on the counter.  Why does it always seem to come down to just a single banana?  I didn't really want a sliced banana bread or banana cookies so I decided to do a single serve option and turn the traditional bread into cupcakes.  Some will go into the freezer for later for a quick single serve option; easy to thaw quickly to satisfy that sweet craving or breakfast on the go!

It is a cold, cold day out with single digit temperatures and sub zero windchills so all in all a good day to be snuggled nice and warm inside.The additional the warmth of the oven with the wonderful aroma eminating from the kitchen just adds to the coziness.

I've been away from the blog for several years and decided I needed to start it up again.  We will see how well that goes.  It takes a lot of time and I do it for the simple pleasure of it and having some of my favorite recipes quickly at hand as opposed to those who do it for ad and sponsor money.  I need to figure out a better solution for the photographs since the lighting in my kitchen isn't always the best!  I hope  you enjoy the recipes and that some of them become your family favorites.

These cupcakes are simple to make and really easy if you have a stand mixer, but a hand mixer will also do a good job.

I make my own vanilla extract, and I used that in this recipe.  I also make vanilla sugar and used that as well.  I'm expecting these little gems to be so so good!

Here is the recipe.  The origin is unknown.  It is a pretty standard banana bread recipe, but I modified it just a bit with additional yummy ingredients like chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and coconut.  Feel free to omit them to adjust the recipe to your personal taste.  I toyed with the option of adding a crumb topping, but for now, decided to just go with them plain. They taste amazing!















Banana Bread Cupcakes

Yield:  12 cupcakes

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees Farenheit

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
1 stick of butter, softened
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.  Line your cupcake tin with parchment liners or silicone ones, whatever you prefer.  These are the ones I use and I get them from Amazon.

2.  Add the softened stick of butter and peeled banana to the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment.  Mix until well blended and smooth.  

3.  Add the egg,  milk, vanilla, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix thoroughly and mixture is smooth.  

4.  Add the walnuts, coconut and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix on low speed until well blended.

5.  Using a 1/4 cup measure (I like an ice cream scoop) fill the parchment lined muffin tin,  I used a heaping measure so as to have only 12 muffins.  


6.  Bake for 35 minutes,.  I'd recommend you start checking them at around 25 and increase the time as necessary.  You should have a nice rise and a lovely golden brown top.  A toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake should come out clean (no wet batter).





....and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Those look perfect for a cold January day!

    ReplyDelete