Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Stuff



I know, I know...you are probably saying to yourself what kind of name is that for a recipe.  Well, you are probably right.  We had this frequently when I was growing up, probably because it was inexpensive, simple ingredients, easy to fix and good.  I think the official name is Hamburger Casserole, but we called it "Good Stuff" and I think that is more appropriate because that is exactly what it is....Good Stuff and it is one of my "comfort foods".  I hope you give it a try and enjoy it!


Good Stuff (Hamburger Casserole)
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans of green beans, drained
1 can of cream of tomato soup
1/2 soup can of water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown ground beef along with chopped onion in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Drain any excess fat
Add drained green beans, tomato soup, water, salt and pepper.
Stir, mixing well.
Simmer covered for 15 minutes.


We always had biscuits with this recipe, so you might want to bake a pan while the Good Stuff is simmering on the stove.

That's What's Cooking at Cathy's!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment