Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lemony Chicken

This recipe is one that just happened.
I recently returned from Italy and while I was there, I purchased this cute little glazed terracotta cooking pot.  The pot required soaking for 24 hours before use, and I had decided to do that so it was out of the way and I could use the pot whenever I was ready.


Well, once it had soaked, I was anxious to use it.  I did a quick inventory of the fridge and augmented with a little fresh rosemary from my garden, this dish was born.


I really liked the result, the chicken was tender and the bright lemon flavor was not overpowering.  A co-worker and a friend did taste testing for me and both really liked the dish, so I thought I would share it with you.




Lemony Chicken

Ingredients:

2 pieces of thick sliced bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 medium sweet onions cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 teaspoons capers
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 lemons, scrubbed and sliced
1 cup white wine or water

Directions:

In a heavy pan, render bacon over medium heat until browned.
Add the chicken breasts to the pan, seasoning them with the salt and pepper.
Layer on the sliced onions, capers, rosemary and lemon slices.
Pour the white wine over the ingredients and cook over medium to medium low heat for 2 hours or until the chicken is super tender.

I served it with a side of pasta and asparagus.  To make it easy, I tossed the asparagus right into my boiling pasta about 3-4 minutes before the pasta was finished.  



....and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment