Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Okay folks, this has to be one of the easiest and most delicious angel food cakes I have ever made.
It requires 2 ingredients and about 5 minutes to mix up, so grab a pencil and paper and make a note of the ingredients on your shopping list!

I found this on Pinterest and was intrigued.  My first attempt making this recipe failed because I didn't notice one key thing about the cake mix.  You absolutely MUST get the single step angel food mix. 

I was doing my shopping and going from memory, and just bought a box of angel food cake mix...well, it was a two step cake mix (had two bags inside, so be sure to read the mixing instructions).  I thought, what the heck, and tried it anyway.  Seriously, how bad could it be?

Well, it came out of the oven a whoppin' 1/2 inch thick, rather than what you would expect a fluffy angel food cake to be!  I know you are dying to know if I ate it.  Well, yes I did.  I didn't want to throw it away!  The result had a good flavor, but the texture was not at all light and airy.    So learn from my lesson....Be sure to get a 1-Step Cake Mix! 


Pineapple Angel Food Cake

Ingredients:

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix - Single Step
1 Large Can of Crushed Pineapple (undrained)

 Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, pour the contents of the box of cake mix.
Pour the entire can of crushed pineapple, along with the juice into the bowl.
Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.  It will foam up, s don't be surprised.
Pour the contents into a 9x13 inch pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Let cool and serve.

...and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely have had the same results when I mistakenly bought a 2 step package of angel food cake mix. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

    ReplyDelete