Friday, August 24, 2012

Quick Grilled Chicken Salad

I'm always looking for something extra I can do when I'm cooking on the weekends to make my lunch preparations for the week super simple.  I get up before the crack of dawn and I don't allow myself a lot of time before having to head out the door to catch the bus, so having lunch items ready to pack is essential.

 The next time you have your grill going, throw on a couple of extra chicken breasts, set them aside and let them cool and then wrap them and refrigerate.  Use them to mix up this salad for a quick lunch or light supper later in the week.  


Quick Grilled Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

2 grilled chicken breasts, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
2 green onions, diced
1 cup of celery, diced
1 diced apple, peeling on
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Cut the grilled chicken into bite sized pieces.



In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, green onion, celery, apple, salt and pepper and chopped pecans.



Toss to evenly mix ingredients.


Add the mayonnaise and stir to evenly coat all the ingredients.  You can adjust the amount of mayonnaise to your taste.  I personally added a little more to make the salad more creamy.


Serve on rolls, bread or croissants, on a bed of lettuce or with some Triscuits (like I did).  



...and that's What's Cooking at Cathy's ~ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment